Do you have persistent bad breath? Are you noticing your gums feeling tender or bleeding around your gumline? If so, then you could be experiencing gum disease. When it comes to combating gum disease, it’s important to remember to seek treatment right away. Our dentist, Dr. Niloufer Hamsayeh with Niloufer G. Hamsayeh, DDS in San Francisco, California, cares for your oral health, which is why we are happy to help you find out the reasons for your gum disease.
Here are some common facts about gum disease:
– Gum disease is often caused by poor oral hygiene. This can be related to a failure to clean your mouth.
– Gum disease can occur due to a poor diet. This can be linked to eating unhealthy foods.
– Several indications of gum disease include gums that are inflamed, sore, numb, or routinely bleeding.
– Visual clues that can indicate gum disease include pus, sores or gum recession.
– Painful chewing or teeth that do not set in their proper alignment could be an indication of gum disease.
– If you are suffering from frequent bad breath, gum disease may be to blame.
– If it feels as if your teeth are about to fall out, it may be an indication of weakening gums due to gum tissue infections.
If you need help finding out the reasons for your gum disease, please call our office today at 415.682.6377 to set up an appointment. Our team is highly trained and happy to help you fight off this condition and help you get back the proper oral health care you deserve.